Friday, December 05, 2003

Microbes on Parade: The New Weblog Parade

So I entered my modest little blog in the New Weblog Showcase from The Truth Laid Bear's as a desperate bid for at least one or two readers to give me some useful feedback. Apparently you start out as a lowly microbe and then as you get more links, you rise higher on the evolutionary blog scale. I was at least hoping to get as high as a fruit fly, but today I'm apparently a slithering reptile. Sssssssspectacular, my precioussssssssssss!

I've been putting off voting for my favorite new weblogs so I could see all the candidates, but I know I'll forget to vote if I don't do it soon. So here are my picks:

For best political weblog, I vote for dangerous liberty: Al Franken on Book TV Anybody that bashes Al Franken so enthusiastically is ok in my book. I've never thought Franken was funny, even when he was on SNL. He's a loudmouth braggart, and I just can't stand him. I really tried to keep an open mind and vote for the blog with the best design and writing style, but I couldn't get past some of the left-leaning rhetoric without blowing a gasket. So I'm biased, sue me.

For best non-political blog, I vote for Blown Fuse: Bestiality is a no-no. This blog is highly entertaining and has a dizzying variety of topics. The title of the sample post worried me a little, but it was an amusing, if not disturbing anecdote about an oversexed cocker spaniel.

My second choice is Times & Seasons: What Power? although I thought they could have chosen a more interesting post to represent the blog. It's main focus is Mormon theology, so like the good little Mormon that I am, I'm giving them my support. However, I haven't had a lot of time to read all the articles in depth, so I'm not saying I endorse their representation of Mormonism. However, they have quite a few people that seem to be quite knowledgeable about wide variety of topics. But I would recommend that those not familiar with Mormonism start out with the basics here before diving into this blog.

Update:
Also, don't forget to vote for your favorite blogs here in the 2003 Weblog Awards.

No comments: