Friday, November 21, 2003

Lileks puts Dateline and Salam Pax in their place

In case you haven't noticed, I do support the War on Terror and President Bush. You might call me a conservative, but I don't consider myself a Republican. For me, most elections are a choice between the lesser of two evils. I think there are many people in the center like me that feel no affinity for either party. But the events of 9-11 have caused many centrists and right- or left-of-centrists to support those who we feel will be most aggressive in defending the U.S. from further attacks no matter what their party affiliation. And we find ourselves increasingly impatient with the popular media that distracts us from the importance of the War on Terror with either stories about pedophilic pop stars or whining about quagmire this, quagmire that. James Lileks, a writer for the Star-Tribune in Minneapolis, pretty much sums up my feelings towards the popular media in his latest column on his blog, The Daily Bleat. Check it out.

LILEKS (James) The Bleat

No comments: