Friday, February 06, 2004

Happy Birthday to the Gipper!

President Reagan was the POTUS I remember the best when I was a kid. I admired him immensely with the kind of hero worship that children have. My grandfather donated a small amount of money to his presidential campaign in my name and I proudly displayed the certificate of appreciation I received. I didn't understand the political issues of the 80's, but I sensed that he was a man of integrity, a person I would be proud to have as a grandfather. I feel sad that he and his family are suffering through his battle with Alzheimer's. My great-uncle died from the disease last year. But let us remember the good things President Reagan did during his life. National Review Online has a touching tribute to this great man by Peter Robinson, author of "How Ronald Reagan Changed My Life," called Between Him and the Kids. Check it out.


1981ing_rrinaugend.jpg

No comments: