Saturday, February 07, 2004

U.S. to Canada: Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Darn, Eh?

The most of useless of useless polls has determined that only 15% of Canadians would vote for George W. Bush as President. Well, golly. I don't remember asking the Canucks Canadians if they approved of my President. I certainly don't remember being asked if I approved of Prime Minister Cretin, er Cretien. Are we Americans supposed to vote for only those candidates of which the rest of the world approves? I suppose Kim Jung Il favors Dennis Kuchinich with his Department of Peace and President Chirac favors John Kerry for obvious reasons. I hope Pres. Bush wins again just to tick off our "allies."

Update: A polite Canadian visitor reminded me that I shouldn't lump all Canadians together. Fair enough. To all those Canadians that still consider Americans their friends (and those 15% that would have voted for Pres. Bush), I apologize. I also apologize for using the term Canucks. For the rest, I don't.

No comments: